IRDA is a Malaysian Federal Government statutory body tasked with the objective of regulating and driving various stakeholders in both public and private sector towards realising the vision of developing Iskandar Malaysia into a strong and sustainable metropolis of international standing. IRDA’s statutory powers and functions are designed to achieve the above objective and include the following core functions in summary:
- To integrate and recommend planning policies and strategies of the Federal Government, State Government of Johor and local authorities relevant to enhance Iskandar Malaysia’s well being.
- To identify and develop strategies to enhance infrastructure, skills, science and technology research in the development of Iskandar Malaysia.
- To undertake broad-based promotion of Iskandar Malaysia to the general public and potential investors; both local and overseas.
- To drive, coordinate and monitor development of economic sectors, required enablers and social infrastructure.
- To provide consultation and information on investing in Iskandar Malaysia.
- To act as the principal coordinating agent on behalf of relevant Government agencies in the relation to receiving, processing and expediting the requisite approvals for investors in Iskandar Malaysia.
- To assist existing investors in the resolution of issues affecting their business environment.
For more information, please log on to www.irda.com.my