Nusajaya is a city serving as the focal point of Iskandar Malaysia. Just under half of the entire Nusajaya landbank is being developed by UEM Land Berhad, a wholly owned subsidiary of UEM Land Holdings Berhad.
Iskandar Investment and UEM Land have a common shareholder in Khazanah, the investment holding arm of the Government of Malaysia. The commonality that exists between the two companies has enabled seamless joint master-planning efforts in Nusajaya as well as construction of complementary signature developments in the area.
Within Nusajaya is Medini – a township development spanning 2,230 acres (9.2 sq km) that is poised to become the Central Business District of Nusajaya. Being the heart of Nusajaya, Medini is surrounded by various established signature developments:
- EduCity, an international, best-in-class education hub
- Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios, with over 100,000 square feet of film stages
- Kota Iskandar, the new Johor State Administrative Capital
- Puteri Harbour, a premium waterfront development across the strait from Singapore
- Horizon Hills, home to one of the best golf clubs in the country
- LEGOLAND® Malaysia theme park, the first LEGOLAND in Asia